We take asking our community to help us seriously. Our mission with TJBA is to provide youths in our community an opportunity to learn the game of baseball. In order to excel in our mission we need the help of our community. As a board we have established some short term and long term fundraising goals. We want to be transparent with the parents, businesses and people of Tuslaw. Below is a list of projects and goals we have as a board. Some of these items could be years off but it is our goal to continue to to build this program for the betterment of our children.
Keep costs affordable for all
There are a lot of costs that go into a youth baseball organization. Many of these items are not seen but go on in the background. We also will not turn anyone away who cannot afford for their child to play. Here are some of the costs that we incur.
- Field Maintenance - Fertilizer, Lime, Porta Pots, Weed Control, Bug Control, Mowing, Sand, Dirt, Field Prep
- Administrative - Insurance for all players and coaches, coach background checks, copies, email, website, league fees, umpire fees
- Uniforms - Hats and shirts for players and coaches
- Equipment - Bats, Balls, Tee's, Catchers Gear, Bases, Home Plates, Scorebooks, Helmets,
2020/2021 ProjectS (COVID MESSED US ALL UP)
- Replace Home Plates that are damaged (Replaced in 2020)
- Replace dated and worn catchers equipment (3 new sets in 2019 and 3 new sets in 2020)
- Forty Corners Field 4 (Field was cut out, dirt was brought in, and new bases were put in)
- Purchase new Tanner Tee's for each TJBA Field. (Purchased and Replaces)
- Purchase new catchers gear & "L" screen for 13/14 (Purchased)
- Infield maintenance work on all 7 fields including grading, stabilizing batters boxes and pitchers mounds, adding infield dirt to improve drainage and a safer playing surface (Fields cut out professionally, dirt and clay to be install on all fields Spring 2023)
- Forty Corners dugouts to be repaired and painted (Dugouts 3 & 4 were professionally repaired and painted)
- Install dugouts a Moffit Fields. These protect the players from the sun, heat and rain.
- Finish infield maintenance on all fields
- Reclaim back Moffit Field
- Purchase and add three more "L" screens for other fields
- Purchase new gear bags
- Purchase and Install new shelving in the storage unit
- Shelfing for storage unit
- Clean up and work on the infield at the North Lawrence Fire Department Field
LONG TERM GOALS
- Establish more fields. With the continued growth to the community we will need more fields soon as our numbers continue to grow each year.
We want you all to know when we are asking for money for TJBA that we do have a plan and goals in mind. If there is something you would like to see TJBA work on, please reach out to a board member. We want to continue to build our baseball program, develop our children, and provide them with good playing fields and equipment to ensure that their experience with TJBA is enjoyable and memorable.